When I look around, I have to wonder if we as a country have peaked. It sure seems like we are on a downwards slide and I can’t help but wonder if we are coming close to collapsing into a third world country: Here’s the latest evidence:
- We can’t keep hackers from attacking our pipelines.
- It’s been reported that most of the western states could experience blackouts this summer because of an inability to produce enough electricity to meet their needs on a hot day. The article says “Nevada, Utah and Colorado could be short of power during hundreds of hours this year, or the equivalent of 34 days. Arizona and New Mexico could be short for enough hours to total 17 days”
- Our government is becoming more and more totalitarian, forcing business to close, people to wear masks and coercing many to get vaccines they don’t want. What happened to freedom? What happened to liberty?
- We have an administration in Washington that is pushing programs that run contrary to our constitution, contrary to the country’s best interests, and contrary to the best interests of the working man or woman.
- Many of the same people who swore to uphold our constitution attack the first, second, and fifth amendments.
- Inflation is driving devaluing our money as the country borrows money at a faster and faster rate, running record-breaking deficits, and the Fed can’t stop QE. This can’t end well.
- The media have become a socialist mouthpiece and the doublespeak of George Orwell’s 1984 is here. When Joe Biden says he wants unity, what really he means is that he wants compliance. He wants everyone to do it his way.
- Private companies that operate as utilities censor the news and censure newsmakers they disagree with.
- Traffic in the Mississippi River in Memphis has been halted because of a crack found in a bridge. Meanwhile, senators cannot agree on an infrastructure bill, partly because liberals think “infrastructure” includes healthcare, eldercare and childcare rather than roads, bridges, and ports.
- There are shortages of spare parts that hold up repairs, shortages of microchips that halt production of cars, and shortages of chickens.
- The Western half of the country is in a drought and California may run out of water.
- There is an overabundance of homelessness leaving many of our most famous cities covered in tents, needles, and human feces.
What can We Do?
Sadly, there’s not much we can do. Hope. Pray. Prepare.