I left New York City 28 years ago and moved to a series of smaller and smaller cities. Now we are leaving our home outside a small city and moving to the middle of nowhere.
We are not alone. It’s getting pretty bad in large American cities, but the U.S. media isn’t carrying the story. So here are a few examples for you:
- Hollywood Apocalypse: The rich and famous are fleeing in droves talks about how some of California’s most famous neighborhoods have been taken over by homeless people and criminals and how liberals have “destroyed this city.” As a result, well known actors and music industry icons are leaving.
- “Ghost Town”: Shocking Dystopian Video Of NYC Shows An Abandoned And Boarded Up 5th Avenue. says “the once bustling city is now on the verge of looking like a demilitarized zone” with boarded up buildings. Watch the video below. The city is boarded up due to riots, shut down due to COVID-19, and going broke. The rich are leaving in droves.
- The Luxe Quarantine Lives of Silicon Valley’s Elite is an article about how Silicon Valley’s elite in private jets fly to wherever the infection rate is the lowest. “Coronavirus is a poor person’s virus,” says one.
Quality of life is important to residents. Homeless people camping on your sidewalk eroded it. COVID-19 lockdowns erased all reason to live in a city. If you can’t go out in public, you might as well have a big yard and go out in private.
Safety is important. Looting, riots, criminals released from jail prematurely, and a rising crime rate raised the perception of how dangerous it is to live in the city. Politicians who refuse to support the police and prosecutors who refuse to prosecute criminals just make it worse.
This is still the early stage. The lock downs started just five months ago. Now the disease is worse than ever and the economic damage has just begun.
Batten down the hatches, folks. We think its going to get worse before it gets better.
After we published this in the early a.m. of the 16th, we came across the following and thought they would be a good addition:
- New York is Finished and why it will never recover from COVID. A life-long NYC resident on why he relocated to South Florida and may never go back. Too much of NYC is shut down and violence is out of control.
- New York As City Hits Its “Expiration Date.” Residents flee after shootings this weekend are dive times higher than year-ago numbers. In a large part because they mayor has undercut the police and scrapped key enforcement, murders this year are already ahead of last year’s total.